Sunday 4 March 2012

Script: Scene 1


SCENE 1
(In office)
Detective John Carter: “I was told that these photographs of the towns latest criminals contained some of those we have before seen on many occasions. They were not wrong. 'Bobby' as he had been known had been in these photographs of the most wanted since he shot my father. He had also been drug dealing since I began my job back in '34. This lady was supposedly known to have a connection with him. I knew it was my job to try and find the two so that I could finally be at peace with the death of my father. Had I known what wool was to be pulled over my eyes, things could have ended very differently."

Date put on the bottom to show change of time.
SCENE 2
(In office)
(knock at door)
Detective John Carter: Come in
Bonnie Kensington: hello, sir. (waits by door)
Detective John Carter: What may I help you with, madam?
Bonnie Kensington: well, I’ve been thinking for some time that I should perhaps tell you policemen something, but I keep changing my mind. I don’t know if I should, oh
Detective John Carter: Maam you know we’ll help you and have your best interests at heart.
Bonnie Kensington: yes I know. Okay well I came over here 5 years ago from England, and my family, well, they weren’t to well off you see. I met this man called ‘Bobby’ one day after class and he promised me he’d make things better for us. So I believed him.
Detective John Carter: Bobby? Bobby Dents?
Bonnie Kensington: oh have you heard of him?
Detective John Carter: the name is a little familiar.
Bonnie Kensington: I’m not supposed to tell anyone what he’s doing with all his business but he does bad things to me sir, and I can’t take it no more.
Detective John Carter: what business?
Bonnie Kensington: Oh I couldn’t
Detective John Carter: Look doll, you gotta tell me what you know if you want this man to have the justice he deserves.
Bonnie Kensington: Well, okay sir. I know for a fact that if I was to be perhaps taken out for dinner by you I’d be more persuaded to tip the scales in your favour. You see, I can’t just give in to you immediately. He’ll have me shot!
Detective John Carter: Is there actually a problem here? Or do you just want some appreciation?
Bonnie Kensington: Oh sir there is a problem. A big problem. But there’s something about you and I don’t want to let you get away. So take me somewhere I’ll like and we can sort this thing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment