Sunday 4 March 2012

Script: Scene 5


Scene: Detective Carter arrives at Bobby the mob Boss’s house.
-Knock knock-
(Scarlett, one of Bobby’s comrades, comes to the door, she opens it a crack. Obviously trying to protect her boss. She is trying to make detective Carter leave. He Refuses. )
-Door opens.-
Scarlett: And who might you be?
Carter: I’ve come to speak to your boss, now move aside sweet cheeks I haven’t got all night.
Scarlett: I’m afraid I don’t know what you’re talking about, ya know its past eleven, I could call the cops on you for making such a nuisance of yourself on my doorstep.
Carter: Good luck with the cops, now I’m here to see mister Dents, Bobby Dents. I’m sure he is here, now either you be a good girl and let me in, or things could get pretty nasty around here (opens jacket, a revolver on show)
Scarlett: Shit okay, hold on just a second mister.
(Door closes, Carter is left outside, and He sparks up a cigarette while he waits)
Scarlett: Okay sir, he will see you now
(She holds the door opens as he steps through)
-Bobby is sitting at a desk writing, he hardly acknowledges the detectives arrival. Scarlett walks over and perches herself on the side of the desk.-
Bobby: Step outside darling
Scarlett: But sir he…
Bobby: Leave us! (Slightly shocked at his outburst Scarlett slips out the room) Now detective, what was so urgent that you had to almost knock down my door at this time of night?
Carter: Maybe I just wanted a chat, its come to my attention that you might come into some money soon, (pause) ya know try about 10 K. This drug heist you’ve got going on, don’t insult me by saying you don’t know what I’m talking about, that amount of smack could make L.A. drop back into the oblivion that it was just crawling its way back out of! Now Bobby, if you would be so kind id like you to tell me where the deal is happening, then come with me to the station. Now this is gunna happen, you either tell me then walk there, or ill beat it out of you and drag you there, and I wouldn’t wanna rip that tailored suit of yours, would I?….So?….What’ll it be?
Bobby: Well sir seems you’ve floated out into some rather deep water; you don’t wanna mess with the sharks out here, so I suggest you run along and keep your nose outta my business.
Carter: I don’t want things to get messy, just tell me what you know!
Bobby: You have no idea what you are talking about, obviously whoever opened their trap to you, and I have a good idea who it is, isn’t telling you everything…
Carter: Cut the crap Dents.
Bobby: Uh uh uh, I wasn’t finished. (Pause) Now you should go and find out what is really going on, because Miss Kensington isn’t as she seems.
Carter: Leave her outta this!!
Bobby: Ahh I see, she already has you round her little finger, just be careful you don’t get scratched. Now I’m gunna give you 5 seconds to get the hell outta my house, or the next time you see your beloved Bonnie is at your funeral! (Puts a gun on the desk)
Carter: (pulls out gun) I said leave her outta this! Tell me where the deal is taking place!
Bobby: 5…4…
Carter: Don’t make me kill you; I wouldn’t want that information splattered over the wall behind you.
Bobby: 3…2…last chance detective.
Carter: Spill it Dents! (Raising his gun)
Bobby: 1...well I am sorry it came to this, shame you let your heart rule your head (picks up gun) rookie mistake kid.
-Starts firing at each other, Bobby behind his desk, carter behind the door-
-Bobby gets a hit in the stomach; he falls to the ground with a cry of pain, the gunfire ceases-

No comments:

Post a Comment